Undine Barge Club, the preeminent sculling club on Philadelphia’s Boathouse Row, is looking for experienced rowers who are interested in summer racing and improving technical rowing skills through sculling.
The qualities that we seek:
– Desire to race, willing to commit to our program for the summer;
– Some rowing experience (sculling experience is even better);
– Current university students or recent alumni, men and women.
What you can expect:
– Excellent, attentive and individualized coaching in sculling technique;
– Opportunity to race in sculling events at the Schuylkill Navy Regatta, Independence Day Regatta, Club Nationals, and Canadian Henley (for those who progress quickly enough to be competitive there);
– Learning to scull and rowing small boats will improve your technical skills. The technical improvements will carry over to your college programs and club rowing in the fall.
Undine Barge Club has a proud history of 155 years of sculling excellence. Since 1995, Coach Joe Quaid and Assistant Coach Mike Naughton have guided Undine rowers to achieve national and international prominence, including the following accomplishments:
– Since 1995, Undine athletes have won over 100 medals in national-level sculling competition (Nationals and Canadian Henley).
– The men have medaled 97 times at national sculling events (club and elite). We have also won several Canadian Henley events, and some sweep events at Nationals.
– The women have medaled over 40 times at national sculling events (club and elite), most of these since 2005. They have also won several Canadian Henley events, and the Head of the Charles Regatta (including the course record in the LWT4+).
– Since 2000, we have also had at least 10 athletes win trials and represent the US at World Championships.
Contact the coaches for more information:
– Joe Quaid, email@example.com
– Mike Naughton, firstname.lastname@example.org